Friday, January 8, 2010

Back in the Saddle...

After taking a day off, (on the wrong day... oops!) I was back at it today. I just ran three miles in 41 minutes. Which means in three running days I have taken off four minutes to my total. Whoot! Alright I know all of you runner people out there are like, "13 1/2 minute miles, pathetic!" And you know what? I agree. Completely!

I have to admit, today I sat on the couch and asked myself if this was the smartest thing I could be doing with my time. Am I being foolish? All I can come up with is, yes, I probably am being foolish. But, I want to prove that I can do this. And if for some reason I am able to run the half-marathon, in time and completely, then we can all be pleasantly surprised together. :)

4 comments:

  1. I was just telling Alli earlier today about what you're doing and she was really surprised. She said that it was amazing since you just had a baby. I agreed that it's was amazing, and I wanted you to know that it really inspired me. If you could run 3 miles a day, I think I can put aside at least a few minutes a day to exercise. Thank you for being such a great role model and cousin! :) I love you, keep up the great work!
    <3
    -Emily

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thats a HUGE improvement in such a short time. Keep up the great work!

    ReplyDelete
  3. No no no, you don't get to call an amazing accomplishment of doing 3 miles ridiculous ever.. You are doing it and pace will come with time, right now you have to remind your mind and body that it can do this.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I know I'm about a month behind- but I'm finally reading all these from start to finish.

    The fact that you ARE running is goal. I promise you, no one on the street or in your race is going to look down on you for running 15 minute miles. Hell, that's my pace, so back off! ;) All those people on the sideline cheering didn't have the courage to do it themselves. Even if you are taking walking breaks you are doing so much more than most people. So, never judge yourself by your speed. It's too depressing anyway. I like to judge myself by feeling the backs of my hammies when I walk. :)

    ReplyDelete