Tuesday, January 5, 2010

Half-Marathon here I come!

Do you have a secret dream? A dream that you are afraid to tell anyone about? Have you thought that someone might laugh at you or silently think there was no way you could ever accomplish your dream?

I have wanted to run a marathon for as long as I can remember. I have dreamed of passing that finish line with my family and strangers cheering me on. I have dreamed of proving that I can do anything I set my mind to, even if the odds were stacked against me. When I was young, I had a severe asthma attack and have struggled with asthma ever since. I always wanted to be in sports, and tended to push myself far beyond my body's limit, but that limit was frustratingly small.

I have decided that now is the time to fight my fears. Yesterday, I officially registered myself in the 33rd Annual Lincoln City Marathon. Ok, well... half-marathon. All things considered, I don't think I am lowering my goal for any reason but safety. I have to start somewhere and I think 13.1 miles is the best place. I still get the finish line and I still get the pride and success of accomplishing a long time (secret) dream.

Wish me luck and please feel free to pick me up and push me along whenever you think I might need it. Your comments of love and encouragement are going to be fuel to my fire!

3 comments:

  1. Yeah Amy run a marathon! wooooooooooooo

    ReplyDelete
  2. Go Amy! I know you'll do great! You inspire me :) I love you! <3
    -Emily

    ReplyDelete
  3. It sounds like we have a lot in common! My next half marathon is in May. I had our baby in May of 09, Good luck with your training. Cute wallpaper :)

    ReplyDelete