Wednesday, February 24, 2010

Calling All Mommies!

Actually, I need to speak with any mom that has experienced running with a left-over baby belly. I know, lovely blog topic, right?! I need help though. So, I'm taking the first step by asking the embarrassing question! :) I ran my longest distance today and about a mile in I became very aware of the jiggle and bounce. Ah, I just threw up a little in my mouth! :) Seriously though, it became rather uncomfortable and a rather large distraction. Question: Is there anything out there that can help control or tame the post-baby flub? A running corset or a Wonder-belt? Any ideas??

On a side note... I ran my rear off today! I ran two miles with out walking at all, ran/walked a mile, and then ran another mile nonstop! Go me :) I am still in shock.

I really look forward to the advice and help all you moms are going to give me! Thanks!

3 comments:

  1. Congrats on a good run! Can't help with the belly thing - my baby is 32 years old.

    ReplyDelete
  2. have you ever worn any lucy active wear? I had a baby almost a year ago and just recently started running again - I have the lucy Perfect Core Pant, Impact Knee Pant, and the lucy Hatha Power Pant. For me, being shorter, they sit right below my belly button and don't ride or fall down and they compress the belly to make it "jiggle" less - much more comfortable than sweat pants. I do also have a couple pairs of yoga pants that are tighter on top to help with that. The lucy pants are a little expensive but to me worth every penny. They are available at lucy.com

    Cassie
    North Dakota

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks Cassie! I will check the website out!

    ReplyDelete