Saturday, February 20, 2010

Trying something new

As most of you know, I am a stay-at-home mom. Since I apparently live in the middle of the never ending winter, my daughter and I have become desperate for distractions. We visit the public library on a weekly if not daily basis and are we bored with the selections! During our last visit though, I had a great idea! Books on running! There had to be one or two... right? How naive I can be. It was one of the biggest sections.

I decided on Marathoning for Mortals, by Bingham and Hadfield.

The text on the front of the book is what caught my attention, "A regular person's guide to the joy of running or walking a half-marathon or marathon." This book could not be for me more!

I have only read the introduction but I really love it! I can't wait to review it for you as I read more.

3 more miles down today and another 4 tomorrow. Happy Running!

5 comments:

  1. I think I had mentioned to you before, but I read "Running for Mortals" and it made such a difference on my outlook on running. I'm sure this will be equally inspiring!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Another good book is "Complete Guide to Women's Running".

    ReplyDelete
  3. I've heard a lot of great feedback on that book. Let us know what you think when you finish it!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I look forward to the book review!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Can't wait to read your review on it. I love to read and have never really checked out running books, maybe it is time I combine my loves :)

    ReplyDelete