Thursday, March 18, 2010

I'm Back! Finally!

First of all, I want to thank everyone for sending me warm and healing thoughts! I still have a slight cough but I can carry my daughter without passing out from a lack of oxygen. RSV sucks! Stay away from it!

Secondly, I HAVE to thank Tonia at http://racingwithbabes.blogspot.com/ for sending me a great gift for being her 100th follower. I am so excited that she included GU. It is my first chance to try it and I am so excited! Everyone should visit her blog when they have a chance. She is such an inspiration!!!

Thirdly, today marks a HUGE accomplishment for me as a runner. I ran outside for the first time!!! Yay! Honestly? I was scared. Weird, right? I decided t run just a mile out and a mile back. I don't know if it was because I was excited to be running again or if it was because I was scared to be running outside but I ran a 11 minute mile out... and a 15 minute mile home. :) All that matters is that I did it. I should really say we did it. My golden retriever, Zeke, ran every step with me. I think running outside will be good for both of us. We could both lose a few pounds. The only horrible thing about me running outside today in the 63 degree temps is that it is supposed to snow tomorrow! If I haven't said it yet... I hate Nebraska! Grrr/Brrr!

5 comments:

  1. Glad you liked it! Congrats on running outside, but really, what's with the snow?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Running outside is the BEST!! And RSV does suck

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm glad you are feeling better.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I enjoy running too. Running outside is funnnn!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Remember the 15 degree rule! If it's 65- dress like it's 80 degrees. 30 = 45 degrees. And if your hand are warm, you'll be warm- so find a comfy pair of running gloves! They'll become your snot covered best friend! And carry dog spray with you. Once you increase your distances you'll start running across the dogs at large- ACK! I know Zeke would protect you, but you can just mace them and be on your way. My bro-in-law got bit while running so I'm a "bit" paranoid!

    ReplyDelete