Tuesday, March 9, 2010

Lost Blogger

Running/Mommy/Blogger friends, I am so sorry! I haven't posted since Saturday. I went to the doctor yesterday because I can't quite kick the cough... and it has gotten even worse. Apparently I have bronchitis with a touch of pneumonia. Of course!

I am so frustrated. I have 50 some odd days until the damn half and I have never even run 6 miles before. I'm in trouble.

I'm so sorry for the negativity. On the positive angle my husband and I are going to run a 5k in 2 weeks. I am so proud of him! Since I met him, he has adamantly refused to run. He was a "walker". He has been running his butt off since I started training. I am so proud!

8 comments:

  1. You'll be fine! 50 days is still a long time. I have a half marathon coming up weekend after next and my training has been reallll sketch. I'm going to get in my final long run this week and what I can the week before, but really, it will be fine. If you (or I) have to walk some, it's no big deal!

    Congrats on making your husband into a runner! I'm still working on mine, but I'm really surprised and proud too with the process he's making. He had the same first initial refusal, but now he's been jogging 2 miles almost daily. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. You'll be fine, but if you don't take time to rest it will take longer.
    You can do it!!
    Awesome about your hubby and the 5K!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi! Stopping by from MBC. Great blog.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I hope you feel better soon! That is awesome that your hubby is running too :-)

    ReplyDelete
  5. I hope you are feeling better soon. I hate being sick.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I know exactly how you feel! I had the same thing last month and am still trying to get over it. The coughing was so bad that I strained my chest muscles and sprained the ligaments between the ribs. I'm now taking a pain killer and another round of antibiotics. I hope you have an easier recovery than I am. Be sure to get plenty of rest.

    ReplyDelete
  7. At least it's diagnosed and meds can fix it! One thing I found in the races is that the last 1/4 is basically the adrenaline of "Holy shit! I'm gonna finish this!" So, just get over that hump of 10 miles- the last 3 will come. And have fun on the 5K! The one I did last weekend was a blast. I was amazed at how I stuck to my pace exactly from what I do on the treadmill! And yea for ROB! Michael is the guy that makes you puke in your mouth- "Oh, there's a 10K? Sure, I'll run it. Nah, I don't need to train" and it's true...he's just fine. BLEH! I'm so proud of you Amy! Even though we are not "together" when I'm out for my runs I can't help but think of you! You rock MAMA!

    ReplyDelete